Athletic Facility Availability
Athletic Facility Availability
- Athletic fields are now open to organized sporting groups and can be reserved.
- Reserved groups have priority for field use.
- Reservations are taken up to 24 hours in advance.
- Deposit and Fee applies.
- For more information about field reservations, please call the parks office at 412-262-1703 ext 406.
- Click on the Athletic Facility Availability button below to view current availability.
- The time frames listed are the current available hours. Hours are subject to change.
- The back softball field, Whispering Woods field, and Krane field do not have lights.
All Moon Parks and Recreation fields are designed and maintained for the enjoyment and use of the community.
In General, an athletic field should be considered closed if any of the following conditions exist:
- There is standing water on the field that cannot be removed without damaging the field
- There are slippery and/or muddy conditions that will not dry prior to the start of the scheduled activity
- While walking on the field, water can be seen or heard from your footsteps
- While walking on the field, an impression of your footprint is left in the surface
- If water gathers around the sole of a shoe on any portion of the field
Moon Parks and Recreation will contact coaches, renters, and program leaders in the case that any field need to be closed due to maintenance, repair, or renovation. Parks staff will work to ensure that such closures are done in a timely manner.
Electrical Storms – In the case of an electrical storm, play should be suspended from any Moon Park facility until the storm passes.
Field Assessment - Coaches, program staff, and volunteers are asked to assess the fields prior to practice or games. Field assessments should be performed when weather conditions, past or present, have saturated fields insomuch that use of fields may cause long-term damage to fields. Coaches, program staff, and volunteers should walk the fields looking for saturated areas or areas of pooling water.
- Soccer – - Coaches, program staff, and volunteers should walk the field and assess the complete field area. If in any of these areas there is substantial standing or pooling water, enough to cause significant damage to the field if played upon, the field should be deemed unplayable.
- Baseball and Softball – - Coaches, program staff, and volunteers should walk the field and assess the complete field area. If stepping onto the field causes a foot to sinks into the brick dust at least ½”, the field will be deemed unplayable. If in any of these areas there is substantial standing or pooling water, enough to cause significant damage to the field if played upon, the field is deemed unplayable.
Damages- Should the athletic fields sustain damages due to inappropriate use by sports teams, scheduled use of the field will be suspended until the field can be renovated and returned to a playable condition. Costs associated with said renovations will be the responsibility of the group or sports league or club identified as creating damage to the field through its inappropriate use of the field or failure to abide by field closure announcements.